Almost Quit


I try to recall memories of nine years ago. I must admit that I ever wanted to resign from the ministry right after had been working for only one year. Many factors came into consideration, one of them is the living cost in the capital city. Even though I got relatively good salary, i still found hardships to manage my cost of living. It didn't make sense to live unbalance with expenditure almost always exceeded income.


I asked my parents advice whether i should continue my job at the capital city or raise a white flag and go back to my hometown. They supported my decision as long as I could survive my life. I thought relocation is the best scenario hence I flew to Semarang to apply for a job at the Province Government. At that moment I was intrigued by the slogan of "Bali Ndeso Mbangun Deso" written on some banners on main roads in Semarang. Shortly, I did a test and passed it. I received an acceptance letter from that local govt.



After that, I came to my deputy with the letter in my hand. I explained my intention to relocate to Semarang which is very near to my hometown. I said that i wanted to live peacefully in a smaller city even if i will get smaller salary and need to payback my scholarship fund.

He looked at me skeptically while saying, "No, i won't let you go".
"But, Why?" I asked him.
"We still need you. We short of employees at this moment"
I couldn't accept his argument and said, "We have so many youngsters come this year. They can replace me easily" I answered while pointing at my juniors outside.
Then, the tension escalated quickly.
"You can't dictate me like that!"
I couldn't answer more but just touch the letter,
"This.. is actually from the Governor of Jateng"
He responded, "Even when the governor meet me right here, I still say NO"
He added, "You are still young and I believe that you will have a bright future here."

I walked out of my boss room. I was really upset because of the rejection and I didn't know what to do next.
It turned out that the dispute came with a bless.
Shortly after the disagreement I got moved to a new divison that I dreamed before working at the ministry. I landed at the Government Debt Securities Directorate, a division that manage bonds for financing country's deficit.

This new place offered many opportunities and absolutely new point of view.
I tried to forget my previous intention for a moment (I had already been stranded anyway). I started my new career as public relations guy who need to deal with people including bonds investors. Among them were some mad investors who wanted to get their old bonds paid. They came directly or sent person to ask about the old bonds, including soldiers, an emissary of a local kingdom, an angry granny, and a shaman. Unfortunately, the old bonds had been expired long long time ago and I needed to explain it to them one by one.

There were also fun stories too, for instance I could travelling abroad with my family to join trainings in finance in my capacity as a bonds manager.
It's undeniable that SUN gave me great stories.

Recently, I tried to create something, a thing which is quite simple, called SUNRitelku. This small thing was intended to gather attention from people who are interested on the retail bonds.
Alhamdulillah it's beyond my expectation that this tiny app can grant me a Innovative Employee of The Year title in 2019 as well as a scholarship from the Government of Australia.



My wish is simple, giving more benefits for my beloved country through debt financing, even if it is just a small thing.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Cara Klaim Asuransi Mobil

Download Option File PES 2011-PSP (Recommended)!

PSP Go 6.35 Hacked!